A trip to the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, 1213 Washington Avenue in Golden, Colorado, is always inspiring!
- 25th anniversary RMQM membership special—It’s the museum’s gift to you. Enjoy a full year of membership benefits for only $25, or receive a $5 discount on any new membership or renewal at the level of your choice. Sorry, senior discounts do not apply.
- Sunday at the Museum doors open at 11am and presentations begin at 2pm. $10 per person includes museum admission and refreshments. RMQM members are admitted free.
- Saturday morning Fiber, Fabric, and Fun classes for kids aged 8 and up are held at the RMQM office, 651 Corporate Circle, Unit 102, Golden from 9am to noon. Kids ages 6 and 7 may participate if a parent or other adult stays and helps. Class size is limited and registration is required. Call 303-277-0377.
- Anyone with a computer can now access the catalog for the Sandra Dallas Library. Borrowing privileges of this great resource with more than 4,000 books, pamphlets, patterns, and DVDs is a benefit of RMQM membership. The Sandra Dallas Library is located at the museum office and is open Monday through Thursday 10am – 4pm.
- Jan. 1 – July 15 – Call for entries for the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum’s (RMQM) “25 Years of Inspiration” Quilt Challenge . We think you’ll agree that the museum is an inspiring place, from the story of our founder, Eugenia Mitchell, to the countless wonderful quilts that have been collected and exhibited, to the many educational programs. We are inviting you to take it personally and make a quilt for the 25th anniversary challenge, “What inspires you?” Visit the website at rmqm.org to download the rules and the submission form. Your 25″-square quilt will be displayed in the museum during the 25th anniversary exhibit (July 30- Oct 27, 2015). We hope that everyone will choose to donate their quilt to help RMQM begin an endowment fund (donation is not required). All donated quilts will be auctioned online, with the proceeds used to jumpstart the RMQM endowment fund.
***** RMQM is a Blue Star Museum! ***** RMQM is proud to be part of the NEA Blue Star Museum program. Active duty military personnel and their families will be admitted free of charge until Labor Day.
RMQM is open 10AM- 4PM Monday through Saturday. Call 303-277-0377 for details on all museum events.
Visit the museum website at www.rmqm.org or call 303-277-0377 for details on all the events. Open 10AM- 4PM Monday through Saturday. Open Sunday 12-4 through Labor Day. Also open until 7PM on the first Friday of every month.
There is plenty of free parking in the lot behind the Museum.
RMQM will be closed if Jefferson County Public Schools close for bad weather.
If in doubt, call ahead. 303-277-0377
Call For Entries: FACE of Fiber In the Rockies is hosting its third juried show June 12-14, 2015 in Estes Park. All Colorado Fiber Artists are invited to enter all forms of fiber media. A special exhibit of work commemorating the 100th Anniversary of Rocky Mountain National Park is part of this show. Entry deadline is April 1, 2015. For the prospectus, entry form and more details, visit the website at www.fiberartsep.com