CQC State Quilt Documentation
CQC has been documenting Colorado quilts throughout the state since the early 1980’s. With data on over 10,000 quilts, the Documentation committee is currently inputting the accumulated information into a database that is available to owners, students and researchers world wide. Long term plans also include production of a book about the quilts of Colorado.
The above patch is one of the important benefits of quilt documentation. It indicates that the quilt owner has given the Colorado Quilting Council permission to photograph the quilt, examine and record how the quilt was made and the maker’s name, date and history, if available. Once this patch is sewn onto the quilt, future owners will be able to access this information by contacting the documentation committee.
Documentation days are scheduled throughout the state. For more information or to schedule a documentation contact Lynda Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-659-5011.
2017 Documentation Schedule
Western Slope Documentations:
- May 20, Sunset Slope Quilters, Grand Junction
- June16-17, San Luis Valley Quilters, Monte Vista
- July 29, LaPlata Quilters Guild, Durango
- August 25, The Monument Quilters, Grand Junction
Front Range Documentations:
- April 15 Jefferson Unitarian Church, Golden CO
- May 13 Rocky Mountain WA Shonaji Quilt Guild
- Salvation Army’s Red Shield Community Center, Denver CO
- Sept 8 Ft Lupton Library, Ft Lupton, CO