Please click the names to Contact a Member of the Executive Board:
The Colorado Quilting Council board meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm at:
Clements Community Center
1580 Yarrow Street
You are welcome to attend!
Mailing address is:
Colorado Quilting Council
P.O. Box 295
Wheat Ridge, CO 80034-0295
- 1st Vice President (Membership)
- 1st Vice President (Programs)
- 2nd Vice President (Programs)
- Past President
Committee Chairs & Standing Committees:
- Corresponding Secretary
- CQC Quilt Collections
- Games Manager
- Gifts and Grants
- Hall of Fame
Mary Ann Schmidt
- Historical Documentation
- Western Slope Historical Documentation
- Newsletter Advertising
Open until filled
- Publicity / Social Media
- Quilt-a-Fair Quilt Show
- Raffle Quilt & Tickets
- Fall Retreat
- Spring Retreat
- Ways and Means
- Special Committees:
- Charity Quilt Project
Nancy Samuel & JaNelle Erickson
- Documentation Database
Open until filled
- Graphic Artist
- Quilt Trails
- Shirley Sanden Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Volunteer Recognition
- Web Manager
- Library Quilt Show
- 25th Annual Exhibition of Quilts & Fine Woodworking
- Competition: Provide judges for quilt shows, county fairs and other exhibits as requested. Training for judges is available.
- CQC Quilt Collection: Organize, maintain and inventory CQC’s quilt collection.
- Exhibits: Locate places to have exhibits. Collect and hang quilts. Assist local groups with exhibits if asked.
- Gifts and Grants: Receive and review requests for funds. Make report to Board with recommendations.
- Hall of Fame: Receive recommendations of members for induction into Hall of Fame. Make selections according to bylaws.
- Heritage: Prepare an annual scrapbook to record the heritage of CQC, including copies of the CQC newsletter, newspaper clippings, programs of related events, and photographs.
- Historical Documentation: Document quilts, take photographs and record oral history of quilts in different cities and towns. The goal is to document every quilt in Colorado, both old and new.
- Hospitality: Procure facilities for regular meetings in different cities throughout Colorado. Distribute door prizes at meetings.
- Library: Maintain, transport and distribute books and other resource material owned by the Council. Set up and staff a table at regular meetings.
- Membership: Receive all membership forms and dues for the CQC members, maintain files on computer, provide member information upon request, prepare and print annual roster, staff sign-in table at regular meetings, prepare and distribute new member packets.
- Newsletter: Publish 11 issues a year. Committee includes writers, proofreaders, photographer and others as needed.
- Nominations: Provide list of candidates for each office at August meeting. Count ballots and present results at October meeting
- Outreach: Receive recommendations to honor people who have made a signicant contribution to quilting. Make selections according to bylaws.
- Photography: Photograph all CQC show and tell, related events, archival preservation of photos, and display photo albums at meetings.
- Program: Plan programs for general meetings and workshops. Contact teachers/lecturers, arrange for needs of same, and introduce at meeting. Involves contracts, transportation, accommodations, and meals.
- Property: Maintain storage unit(s). Transport quilt racks, audio system and other items needed to meetings.
- Publicity: Advertise each month’s meeting. Mail to newspapers in the locale of meetings and to shops that advertise in the CQC newsletter.
- Quilt-A-Fair: CQC fundraiser held annually in September. Numerous sub-committees like quilt show, registration, publicity, demonstrations, auctions, admissions, and hospitality.
- Quilt Colorado: In even numbered years, plan this educational event which features classes and lectures with national and Colorado teachers, a merchants mall, quilt show, etc.
- Quilt Trails: Work with a committee to paint and install painted wooden blocks on businesses and at private residences.
- Raffle Quilt: Oversee making a quilt each year.
- Raffle Quilt Tickets: Sell raffle tickets at meetings and other events. Proceeds go to programs.
- Retreat, Spring and Fall: Locate site and arrange for guest artist(s), both with Board approval. Plan weekend activities and accept registrations from members.
- Volunteer Recognition: Receive and compile volunteer recognition forms. Order and distribute recognition pins.