Welcome to the Colorado Quilting Council Web Site
Important Notice: July 22, 2017 Join us in Parker, Colorado at Joy Lutheran Church to help us celebrate our 39th Birthday. We are sad to announce that due to a family emergency involving Alex’s mom and dad, she will not be able to be with us today. She is sending Eleanor Burns in her place and we will have a beautiful antique trunk show. Eleanor has been collecting quilts for over 40 years and she is bringing some of her very favorites to share with us. Her vibrant personality will help us to celebrate quilting and CQC.
She will also be presenting her new quilt workshop of Sunday July 23 at Holly’s Quilt Cabin. Mexican Star Quilt in a Day Traditional or modern, the Mexican Star Quilt is quick and easy in a planned or scrappy look. The block tricks you into thinking it is set on point! Her kit will be $55.00. Spend a day with Eleanor and create this wonderful new quilt for your quilt collection.
- June & July Meeting Workshop Information and Registration – Click here
- Star Valley Quilt Trail – Special Event in Wyoming! – Click here
- Avoid the Rush – Download and complete Show & Tell Form before the meeting.
- Library Quilt Show 2017 Information
- Documentation Dates for 2017 – DATES ANNOUNCED – Click here
- Our quilt documentations help to preserve the heritage of quilting in the state of Colorado. We can also provide sources of information and inspiration. If you’d like CQC to perform a documentation in the coming year, please contact Sandy Wheeler, Documentation Coordinator, Front Range. email@example.com / Western Slope Coordinator – Heather Lundquist firstname.lastname@example.org
Exploring Quilting Event – May 20, 2017
I wanted to let you know what a success the kids day was for my
granddaughter. She is 6 yrs. old with no experience in the sewing room.
The craft booths were appropriate for her and she didn’t put them down
until bedtime. Apparently, all she talked about at dinner was her day
at CQC. We already have a project ready for our sew day in my sewing
Calendar: Click on the link on the right sidebar or the Menu above. This will be the location for all shows, meetings, Guild events. It will be more comprehensive as more groups submit their events.
The Colorado Quilting Council invites everyone to attend their regular meetings. Guest fees are $10 per meeting. Meetings start at 10AM and the speaker starts around 11:30. Or, for only $25 annually, become a CQC member and enjoy 10 guest speakers, access to a large library, discounted class fees, retreats and more. Anyone joining after August 1st will only pay $12.50 for dues to enjoy CQC membership for the remainder of this calendar year.
Membership forms can be obtained on the CQC website or at a meeting.